Being at home with my girls is so amazing. What more, I have a supportive husband who believes in me and the positive difference that I can make in the world around us. These last few months at home, as a full-time homemaker, I have realized that there are A LOT of decisions involved in making a happy home and creating a fun, healthy learning environment for my girls. My desire to share my collection of experiences as a stay-at-home mom prompted me to consider developing a blog. Remarkable to me is that with a blog I would be able to connect my two greatest passions: caring for my family and protecting the natural world around us.
I made a decision to start my "Green Choices" blog for the following reasons: to have fun and be creative, to challenge myself to write and maintain my knowledge on environmental science and policy, and then to share my discoveries about making better consumer choices for the environment and the health of family and friends. To get organized, I developed an initial list of topics that I would cover. These topics are quite varied and include: recycling, organic foods, farmers markets, diapers and other baby products, water conservation and quality, home cleaning products, and the benefits of having a library card. Admittedly, over time this list of topics may change. I will always welcome suggestions and questions on the topics that I cover.
Thank you for your time and attention.
I've always admired your commitment to the things that are important to you. I can't wait to see how you can help the rest of us learn how to be more green.
ReplyDeleteMelissa - you are a dear for saying so. Thank you so much. This endeavor is really exciting for me to get to share.
DeleteLooking forward to hearing more about your life, Danna! Your girls look so precious!
ReplyDelete